09/07/2020 by Rodman's Heating & Air Conditioning
Tank vs Tankless Water Heaters
The importance of water heaters is something that almost all of us overlook. But if you have dealt with an ice-cold shower in winter, you know how crucial a water heater is to your comfort. Picking up a good water heater is not easy as it needs a lot of research; factors such as efficiency, cost, longevity and the number of choices available should be considered. We have prepared this comparison of tankless water heaters and hot water tanks to help homeowners decide on the kind of water heater that is the most suitable for them. You can always count on Rodman's Heating & Air Conditioning when it comes to keeping your home cool in the summers and warm in the winters. We help our clients in all HVAC services, from water heaters to gas lines.
Storage Hot Water Tanks
Storage water tanks are available in two variants – electric and gas. They are always insulated to keep the water warm and have a thermostat to keep the temperature in control.
- It requires low maintenance and has a lower repair cost than tankless water heaters. It only needs flushing and draining twice a year
- Easily adaptable to solar pre-heat and re-circulation applications
- Very low replacement costs
- They take up a lot of space. If you have limited wall or floor space, they won't suit you
- Only the water in the tank can be heated. This could lead to a limited hot water supply
Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless heaters are energy efficient and supply endless hot water. Instead of storing hot water, it will supply water only when required.
- Tankless water heaters last longer than hot water tanks. They last for about 20-30 years, which is almost double the life of hot water tanks
- Tankless heaters can be installed in tight spaces as they are smaller in size
- Tankless heaters can deliver 2 to 5 gallons (7.6 to 15.2 liters) of hot water per minute
- Tankless heaters are more costly than traditional hot water tanks
- Needs regular professional maintenance
- You won’t get continuous hot water supply in case of a power cut because there is no water stored
On the Lookout for Water Heaters?
Rodman's Heating & Air Conditioning has been providing reliable HVAC services to the residents of Ajax for over 70 years. We are a locally owned family business and our staff is licensed, bonded and insured. We also offer financing options to our clients for new installations through SNAP Financial. Consider us your perfect HVAC contractor.
Call us to learn more about how we can help you with the installation, repair and maintenance of water heaters.