26/09/2019 by Rodman’s Heating & Air Conditioning
How to Choose the Right HVAC Contractor?
Heater or air conditioner installation is an easy and effective way to experience soothing temperatures in your homes when the weather conditions outside are harsh. Recent advanced technologies have come up with energy-efficient models for better power savings.
But over time, your HVAC systems may experience problems like refrigerant leaks, thermostat malfunctions or dirty filters. In order to resolve the issue, it is always recommended to consult an HVAC contractor instead of attempting to fix it yourself. It can be tricky to choose one from the numerous professional services available online. You need to be sure that they will deliver as per their promises. Select an HVAC contractor whom you can trust to do the job right. Rodman's Heating & Air Conditioning has been operating since 1949 as HVAC contractors. We are associated with well-respected manufacturers for services like air conditioner installation.
How Can I Find the Right HVAC Contractor?
Here are the key tips for choosing the right HVAC contractor:
- Research Well – Start by asking your friends, colleagues or acquaintances about their experiences with the contractors whose services they used. Conduct a thorough research of all the companies; compare their experiences, prices, available services and more. Give preference to the one that is the most experienced, near to your residence and has a wide range of services available.
- Look for Companies to Give an Estimate in Person - The contractor should be ready to visit your home or office and give a written estimate based on their observations. There are a number of factors to be taken into account while calculating the prices and they need to see the condition of your ducts, the number of registers in each room or look out for air leaks. Since this is not possible over the phone, an estimate given by a contractor over the phone will be less accurate.
- Consider the Experience of the Contractor – Experienced contractors have knowledge of every possible malfunction observed in HVAC systems. They know which solutions are ideal and which to avoid. The fact that their business has survived for that many years is a reflection of their professionalism. Experts try their best to stay well-versed in the latest technology and you would want your contractor to be familiar with the recent products.
- Refer to Online Reviews – A reliable contractor will have their website linked to Google where you can find reviews of customers who used their services. Going through all the reviews and ratings will give you an insight into the pros and cons of the company.
- Be Careful When Considering the Lowest Bidder – We generally tend to choose professionals who quote the lowest price but you should also consider other factors like expertise. An HVAC system, or heating and cooling system should last for 10 to 15 years but may start malfunctioning sooner, if not installed properly. It may fail to heat or cool your home adequately and give you headaches in the long run.
- Licenses, Certifications and Bonds – Enquire in advance whether the contractors have the required licenses, certifications and bonds. You can also ask whether all the servicemen receive the necessary training or not. Bonds or agreements are offered by certain companies which ensure the consumer is protected from the technician’s misconduct or errors.
Remember that who installs your HVAC is as important as the quality of your product. Rodman's Heating & Air Conditioning offers a wide range of HVAC services, including 24-hour emergency availability. We make sure our team follows safety regulations by the Technical Safety Standards Authority and the Workplace Safety Insurance Board. You can be assured of quality work as all our servicemen are employed and not subcontractors. We take pride in stating that we have been recipients of several awards for the best business services in many categories.
We are also an integral part of our community as a proud partner of the Grandview Children’s Centre and the HVAC contractor of the Oshawa Generals hockey team. Apart from heating units and air conditioner installation, we also offer fireplace, gas line and duct cleaning services. Contact us anytime to learn more.
Also, check out our other blog - tips on preparing your home for fall - and be ready this autumn.