Rodman’s installs and services both conventional and tankless gas water heaters. Both types are available as rentals (billed on your gas bill) or for purchase. If you intend to stay in your house long-term, purchasing is often the more economical route. With Rodman’s you receive efficient local service and all work is done by our employees, not sub-contractors.
Conventional Water Heaters
Conventional tanks come in a few different sizes. Typically, a 40 (151 litres) gallon is recommended for a 1-3 person household and a 50 gallon (189 litres) for 4+ people. In some instances a 60 gallon may be necessary for larger households.
There are two types of venting for gas water heaters, natural draft and power vented. A natural (direct) draft system uses outside air for combustion. A power vented system uses the internal air for combustion.
On average the life span of a conventional water heater is 10 years. These units do not require maintenance.
Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are increasing in popularity due to their energy savings, small space requirements and the benefit of having an endless supply of hot water.
- Clean, fresh hot water delivered at a consistent, safe temperature.
- Reduced risk of flooding, compared to traditional tank water heaters.
- Digital controls with temperature control for safety and comfort.
- A commercial-grade heat exchanger.
- A life span of 20 years or more.*
- Industry-leading 12 year limited warranty on heat exchanger.
- Flexible installation options and significant space savings.
- Energy savings of up to 40 percent.
*When maintained as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
The “Green Advantage” of Tankless Water Heaters
Our tankless water heaters provide you with endless hot water and up to 40 percent energy savings. “Green Advantages” include lower greenhouse gas emissions and ENERGY STAR qualification.