August 14, 2017 3:30 pm
To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, Rodman’s is looking for a high energy, results focused individual to fill the role of HVAC Service Technician.
Position: HVAC Service Technician
Location: Durham Region
Reports to: General Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Rodman’s Heating and Air Conditioning offers essential home services to customers across Durham Region keeping homeowners warm in the winter, cool in the summer and with an endless supply of hot water.
You will be responsible for creating a positive relationship with customers as you professionally service, install and promote Rodman’s for their homes.
- Represent Rodman’s in a professional, courteous and customer service oriented manner on each and every call; you are a proud ambassador for our company.
- HVAC installation, maintenance and repairs for residential customers in accordance with manufacturer specifications and local codes.
- General inspections of all types of natural gas appliances for residential users.
- Correctly instruct customers on proper care and maintenance.
- Explain, educate and promote the value of Rodman’s products, services and programs on every call.
- Contribute to business growth by lead generation.
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all modern equipment and regulations.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor or designate.
Skills, Abilities and Experience
Must meet Company requirements with respect to general qualifications.
- Completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have a Gas Technician 2 license.
- Must have at least a Class G Driver’s License.
- 3 – 5 years of field experience in service of Water Heaters & HVAC equipment would be an asset.
- Be willing and able to work rotating shifts and standby duties as required.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills required.
- Outstanding customer service skills essential.
- Very punctual and dependable.
- Maintain company vehicle to neat, clean and safe standard.
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates (if applicable).
- Heating and A/C Installation and Service – 1 year
Required license or certification:
- 313 A or D Gasfitter 2