Serving Durham Region since 1949
History of Rodman’s Heating and Air Conditioning
Rodman’s Heating and Air Conditioning has a rich tradition of experience in the heating and cooling business. Tom and Alma Rodman founded the company in 1949 and grew the business steadily as Durham Region expanded. In 1994 the company changed hands but is still family-owned and operated, by Kirk Dick and family.
We began installing oil furnaces, moved on to gas furnaces, and later branched out into air conditioning, which is now a big part of our business with new housing developments exploding all across Durham. Gas fireplaces and water heaters have also been added to our services. Rodman’s still offers old-fashioned service, with customers receiving prompt, friendly assistance for all of their home heating and cooling needs.
Some things that make us stand out:
- Over 65 years serving Durham Region residents.
- We draw from such well-respected manufacturers as York for our home heating and air conditioning installations, Continental for gas fireplaces and Rinnai tankless water heaters.
- No high pressure sales or gimmicks.
- We offer standard heating and air conditioning maintenance, as well as an annual protection plan for furnace and air conditioning units.
- Our 24-hour emergency service is just a phone call away.
- Rodman’s has an excellent safety record; we are in good standing with both the TSSA (Technical Safety Standards Authority) and the Workplace Safety Insurance Board.
- All work is done by Rodman’s employees, not subcontractors.
At Rodman’s, we attribute our success to our individual focus on the customer. People are treated like family or old friends, not mere numbers. In fact, much of Rodman’s business is based on referrals from happy customers who’ve spread the word to their neighbours and loved ones. It’s no wonder Rodman’s has been honoured with a number of business excellence awards over the years. Year after year, our loyal customers have nominated us for a News Advertiser Readers’ Choice award in the category of “Best Heating and Air Conditioning Business,” which we have won seventeen times. We have also won “Best Duct Cleaning Business”, our newest service, twice.
Rodman’s Heating and Air Conditioning is more than just a business, it’s an integral part of the community. We are a proud partner of Grandview Children’s Centre and the official HVAC contractor of the Oshawa Generals hockey team. We have lent our support to a number of minor league sports teams in the area and regularly sponsor charity auctions and golf tournaments. Such community enthusiasm has made us a favourite of customers hoping to bring that warmth of spirit into their own homes.